Police have launched a manhunt for Beverly 'Bev' Sibanda's bodyguard who on Thursday robbed her and vanished with her gate takings.

Bev was performing at Federal Nite Club in Warren Park D when the bouncer disappeared with the cash. The cash was for 115 tickets that had been sold.

Bev's manager, Harpers Mapimhidze, said he had reported Edmore Nyakatsira to the police yesterday. He said he was assisting the police with investigations in order to bring Nyakatsira to book.

"I am talking with the police right now and we are trying to find ways of apprehending him. He has since fled his home and his phone is off, as well as that of his wife. I think he instructed his wife to switch it off. She is saying she does not know where he is," Mapimhidze said yesterday.

Mapimhidze said they were stunned when they uncovered the apparent theft.

"Every show we stage, I conduct routine checks on our proceeds at the door. When I went to the door, he was gone. We tried calling him but his phone was off. We sold 115 tickets which were going for $2 each and he ran away with $230. I reported the issue to Warren Park 1 Police Station and the RRB number is 2137595. Right now he is being hunted by the police. We went to his house the following Friday morning but he was not there. He was last seen on the day in question," Mapimhidze said.

he said they had worked with him for a short time.

"We had worked with him for about three months and we made a mistake by just employing him without doing a background check on his past. He came looking for a job and we just employed him. It's a learning process. Next time we will not just accommodate anyone without looking into their background. We trusted him, we should have known better," he said.

Bev said they only got to know about his shady past after he had stolen from them.

"We later learnt that he is in the habit of stealing. We were told by his fellow bouncer that he did the same at a night club in Sunningdale. I am disappointed and I hope he will be apprehended soon," Bev said.

This comes barely three months after Bev walked out of the Prophetic Healing and Deliverance church headed by Walter Magaya.

Magaya had provided Bev with a small retail shop, but she handed it back after accusations that she was getting preferential treatment ahead of other parishioners.

When she walked out of the church, she said she could not fellowship with people who were judging her.

Breaking News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our website and receive notifications of Breaking News by email.