WAR veterans' leader Jabulani Sibanda has vowed to continue boycotting First Lady Grace Mugabe's rallies unless and until she stops her public attacks on Vice-President Joice Mujuru.

Sibanda in a telephone interview yesterday said he was ready to defend his position and warned that real war veterans would resist attempts to stage "a bedroom or boardroom coup".

"If you want to find me guilty of not attending the First Lady's rallies, I plead guilty on that one and I won't attend unless the programme changes. I can't attend a function where they say 'Pamberi ne Mazoe Crush, pasi ne Gamatox'. That slogan is unknown in Zanu PF.

"That slogan is divisive and counter-revolutionary. I don't belong to a venomous group and until their objectives change, I won't be part of that. With its nature now, it's counter-revolutionary and Zimbabweans should stand up against that.

"All able-bodied people should stand up against that. You can't belong to a group that insults a Vice-President of the country. You can't insult a person like that even if you are from different political parties, but you can encounter on policies," he said.

Sibanda said it was wrong for Grace and other Zanu PF officials to publicly attack the Vice-President for "crimes" which could have been committed by her late husband, Retired General Solomon Mujuru.

"If President [Robert] Mugabe does wrong, l won't insult Grace Mugabe. So you can't insult Joice Mujuru because she is not Solomon Mujuru who they accuse of all those things. You can't attack MaNdlovu my wife because of my wrongs."

He scoffed at reports that some war veterans were plotting to kick him out of the association's leadership for snubbing the First Lady, adding that he was currently on the ground campaigning to "block attempts to stage a coup both in the boardroom and in the bedroom".

"We will back what we will say at that Press conference with what we are doing on the ground. I won't tell you where I am, but I am on the ground. I am not going to allow any coup both in the boardroom and in the bedroom," he said.

Sibanda has been under fire from a section of fellow war veterans for refusing to take part in Grace Mugabe's rallies and turning down an invitation to attend the First Lady's meeting with war veterans at her Mazowe Orphanage in Mashonlanad Central last Thursday.

His detractors, who identified themselves as elders of war veterans, have labelled his group a "counter-revolutionary squad opposed to Grace", but Sibanda dismissed the "elders" as fictitious.

"Do you think that is worth discussing? It's some war veterans and no one knows who they are. They call themselves elders of war veterans; we don't have that in the association. We have a war veteran branch, district, province and national with President Robert Mugabe as our patron.

"If they are elders above the President, then we don't have that unless maybe they are dead-living (sic) people. I want to deal with them one by one at a Press conference. We don't have problems in our association. It's intact. When our revolution was threatened, real war veterans sacrificed without support from the party and Zanu PF got a two-thirds majority.

"It excludes those people you are talking about. They were never in any campaign because like they said, they were too old. They only go where there is free food and just embarking on transport where they don't know where they are going and what the objective is," Sibanda said.

Comments

selele
+5 # selele 2014-10-27 10:36
Big up Sibanda. I used to be against you but now I think you are an honourable man. Take the bull by its horns.
Hacha Ndizvo Dr
+4 # Hacha Ndizvo Dr 2014-10-27 11:15
A real man speaking - definitely not one of Mugabe's wives.
ike
+1 # ike 2014-10-27 11:54
Jabu Jabu Jabu Jabu Jabu Jabu Jabu Jabu Jabu Jabu Jabu!!!!!!
mancube
+2 # mancube 2014-10-27 12:08
Thanks comrade ndokuti war vert Kumbandidzira hakubvumidzwe.T atenda hedu
stardust
0 # stardust 2014-10-27 12:16
comrade the rallies are over if u r serious tiudze zvimwe
selele
-1 # selele 2014-10-27 12:58
Quoting stardust:
comrade the rallies are over if u r serious tiudze zvimwe

Mai Muchinguri says the First Lady is not yet done!
stardust
0 # stardust 2014-10-27 13:32
By word of mouth she is not done but the events however show otherwise, the bindura rally was the finale to the meet the people tour, the politburo did not raise the matter, the ZANU pf constitution vis a ve the zim constitution is still in place and has procedures for displinary and dismissal, CDE Opah well,she is just playing on her side...Ras Jabu varikumashure wangu. D...#NEXT
Obiology
+2 # Obiology 2014-10-27 15:56
Real comrades, my dad is a war vet, my grandpa and ex detainee - they all said you a man, true revolutionaries are not just wiped by wind
wake
0 # wake 2014-10-27 17:22
The VP is a member of the war vets. Cde Jabu is the president "father" He is there to protect his Children. We value our war vets
Weldone papa
Dofo
+1 # Dofo 2014-10-27 19:33
I used to hate you mr sibanda but now how I wish you were the president of zimbabwe ppl would unite a mature statement big up
ininiwo
0 # ininiwo 2014-10-27 20:14
say more
Gandanga
+2 # Gandanga 2014-10-28 09:11
I am a war veteran and l did spend 4 years of my life in the bush fighting against white supremacy. On the issue of Grace, l am with you Jabulani. This time it will be a war against Mugabe supremacy. We are prepared to go and dig up our AK 47s and fight against this madness. We are prepared to fight and protect the masses of Zimbabwe against this evil political virus called Grace.
selele
0 # selele 2014-10-28 21:38
Quoting Gandanga:

saka pfuti idzi mati hadzisati dzaanengura here comrade. Mumbove nemakore mangani comrade??

You are here: Home News Stop your bedroom coup: Dr Grace Mugabe told