Are you good in computers? Are you very creative at writing short stories or summarising what you’ve read? Are you looking for a job that allows you to work from the comfort of your home and get appreciated greatly through a good remuneration? Do you love spending so much time on social media and on the Internet? Do you have a degree in journalism or media studies or a related field? If “YES” is your answer to all these questions, then a job opportunity has arisen for you.
* Should be familiar with WordPress or Joomla.
* Must have good English writing skills.
* Must have a great understanding of Zimbabwean politics.
* Must have great understanding of social media (Facebook and Twitter).
* A hard worker who is ready to work round the clock, even at odd hours.
* Able to work under pressure and needs very minimal supervision.
* So creative in writing News Articles and construct eye catching headlines.
* A diploma or degree in journalism, mass communications, or media studies is a great plus.
* Being able to edit pictures using Photoshop or Fireworks or any Graphic Editing software is a plus.
* At least a little understanding of HTML is a great plus.
* Must have own laptop or desktop (preferably core i3 or better).
* Access to fast Internet and very reliable electricity.
* While a qualification in Journalism or Media studies is not mandatory, its possession or working towards attaining it is a great plus.
* Candidates should be aged between 22 and 33 are preferred.
* We strongly prefer candidates based in Zimbabwe.
* No Laptop/Desktop, or no fast internet at home, or no reliable electricity or alternative power at home then please don’t apply!!!
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
The chosen candidate will receive a 5-day training where he/she will be taught how we do it.
The successful candidate will edit and publish news stories on our Online Magazine website, which also publishes a lot of South African celebrity news. While our writers will provide you with most of the stories, you will however have to create stunning news headlines for the provided stories.
Once in a while you may also have to edit pictures using Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Fireworks to embedded into the stories. You may also have to write your own stories, should the need arise.
ARE YOU INTERESTED?
Kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and explain why you think you are the right person to fill this position. Please attach your CV in the same email.
CLOSING DATE: WE ARE CONSTANTLY HIRING!