Horror as maShurugwi raid mine, brutally bash Chinese man to death and get away with cash

0
1476

A 60-year-old Chinese man who was working at a mine in Inyathi under Bubi district, Matabeleland North province died at Materdei hospital after he was robbed and severely attacked at the mine.

An insider said most of the time Jianhua Liu was based in Inyathi where he was working at the mine. While he was at his workplace at around 9pm on Sunday last week Liu had a heated argument with a group of men believed to be Omakorokoza, illegal gold panners.

The insider said the group of men attacked him with an iron bar. He sustained a swollen head and bruises on the neck, chest and hands. They allegedly robbed him of an undisclosed amount of cash.

The case was not reported to the police. His condition got worse and he was ferried to Mater Dei Hospital in Bulawayo for medical attention and was admitted intensive care. His chest was swollen and he was operated on. He died on the following day.

Bulawayo police spokesperson Inspector Abednico Ncube confirmed the incident and said they were carrying out investigations to arrest the suspects. He said anyone with information that could lead to their whereabouts should reach out to the police.

“Anyone with information that may lead to the arrest of the suspects can contact any nearest police station or call us on 2922-60358,” he said.

— BMetro


Breaking News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our website and receive notifications of Breaking News by email.