SO SAD: Gogo burnt to death while bathing as boy (7) sets grass-thatched bathroom on fire

0

An 84-year-old granny from Retreat Farm in Bindura who was badly burnt while bathing in a grass-thatched bathroom, has succumbed to the wounds.

The fire was started by a seven-year-old boy at the same farm, who was playing house.

Acting Mashonaland Central police spokesperson Sergeant Major Samuel Chikasha said the boy was “cooking sadza” during the house play.

The incident occurred on October 5 this year at around 2pm.

The deceased, Beauty Shembure was burnt all over the body and was rescued by her son Newword Simao (46).

Sgt Major Chikasha said Simao was admitted at Bindura Hospital for two days before being transfered to Parirenyatwa Hospital where she received treatment for nine days before succumbing to the injuries.

The minor appeared before a probation officer in Bindura today.

— Herald


Breaking News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our website and receive notifications of Breaking News by email.