Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP)
11 Point Plan
All members deployed on traffic enforcement duties to strictly observe and abide by the following Eleven (11) Promises.
1. We will not abuse our authority by engaging in corruption
2. We shall exhibit appropriate police customer care practices
3. We shall not withhold motorists driving licenses without written cons the owner
4. We shall use discretion judiciously and be sensitive to motorists’ genuine plights
5. We shall collect no more or less than what is provided in the National Deposit Fines Schedule
6. We shall not detain motorists at roadblock sites unnecessarily
7. We shall not inconvenience law abiding motorists
8. We shall not cause congestion or accidents ourselves during the enforcements but facilitate smooth flow of traffic and pedestrians.
9. We shall all work towards building trust between the police and the general public
10. We shall always display our name tags so that the public know who they are dealing with.
11. We shall be transparent, accountable and respectful in all our dealings with our collective audience
Senior Assistant Commissioner
Officer Commanding ZRP Traffic Branch