The MDC Alliance led by Advocate Nelson Chamisa took their campaign trail to the Gadzema Grounds in Chinhoyi on Sunday.
The opposition leader in his speech told supporters that “diamonds have not been exhausted, but God has hidden them from Zanu PF because they were stealing them.”
“We can see beyond the mountain. God gave us the giraffe anointing. 14 out of 21 Cabinet ministers are over 75. God has no business with old people. The only business God has with old people is that they rest."
Chamisa said in the first 5 years the MDC will create millionaires.
"There will be a Development Bank to support entrepreneurs. This election is a choice between the past and the future, the old and the new. There will be a new Commander in Chief in place by this year’s Defence Forces Day."
MDC President Nelson Chamisa – 35 Election Promises at Chinhoyi Rally
1. Immediate banning of the Bond note within 90 days
2. Maximum 15 ministers
3. Compensation of those who lost their pensions and Zim Dollar balances.
4. Creation of a Sovereign Wealth Fund
5. Development of world class Infrastructure (Roads, waterworks, Sewage, Bullet trains)
6. Focus on Productivity
7. Focus on domestic tourism
8. Development of the services industry
9. Benefiacation of minerals
10. New Commander-in-Chief of the Zimbabwe Defence Forces
11. Protection of traffic offences prosecution by camera on the roads
12. Regular allowances for Traditional leaders
13. Improved working conditions for Teachers
14. Improved transport for Police Officers
15. Transparent Land Audit and allocation of title
16. From command Agriculture to Smart Agriculture
17. Opening of new international markets for Agricultural produce
18. Election reforms – No to Nikuv
19. Stiff penalties for corruption ( 30 years and above)
20. President accountable to Parliament
21. 65 years limit of Civil Service, then retirement
22. New Culture of Governance. No more political food distribution.
23. An end to nepostism
24. Civil servants salaries to be improved
25. No more bank queues within 14 days, not 90 days
26. From indeginisation to localisation
27. New District Planners to drive rural development
28. Introduction of a Solar Regime
29. $14,9 to be raised for Infrastructure rehabilitation
30. Exploitation of 60 minerals (Methan and Natural gas included)
31. From vendors to entrepreneurs
32. Creation of Millionaires
33. Improve access to public spaces for the disabled
34. Compensation of War Veterans
35. Bilateral arrangements for excess capacity skills
Policy documents to be launched soon.
Source: The Solutions Tower @tst_media