Fourteen candidates have successfully filed their nomination papers at the High Court in the capital to contest in the race for presidency in the 2018 harmonised polls scheduled for the 30th of July 2018.
Zimbabwe Electoral Commission (ZEC) Commissioner Qhubani Moyo said the nomination process went on well throughout the country’s 10 provinces.
Presidential candidates who have successfully filed their papers are:
1. Nelson Chamisa – MDC Alliance
2. Emmerson Mnangagwa – Zanu PF
3. Nkosana Moyo – Alliance for People’s Agenda
4. Thokozani Khupe – MDC-T
5. Noah Manyika – Build Zimbabwe Alliance
6. Joice Mujuru – People’s Rainbow Coalition
7. Joseph Makamba Busha – Free Zimbabwe Congress (FreeZim)
8. Elton Mangoma – Coalition of Democratisation
9. Violet Mariyacha – United Democracy Movement.
10. Timothy Chiguvare – People’s Progressive Party of Zimbabwe(PPPZ)
11. Brian Taurai Mteki (Sekuru Tau) – Independent
12. Langton Toungana – Independent
13. Evaristo Chikanga (Rebuilding Zimbabwe Party)
14. Divine Hove (Nationalistic Alliance of Patriotic & Democratic Zimbabweans