LATEST: Fire breaks out at Nelson Mandela Square restaurant

0

A fire broke out at a restaurant in Nelson Mandela Square located at the posh Sandton town of South Africa on Wednesday.

Three people were treated for smoke inhalation and one was transported to hospital for further observation, according to the Joburg Public Safety department statement.

Nelson Mandela Square also released a statement on Facebook page that read:

Nelson Mandela Square confirms that a fire started in a restaurant on 21 November at approximately 12pm.

The centre undertook an emergency evacuation of the premises for the safety and security of its shoppers, tenants, and staff.

The Fire Department is on site and have contained the situation. The cause of the fire will be investigated accordingly.

It is Nelson Mandela Square's topmost priority to ensure the safety and security of all staff, tenants, and shoppers and we are working closely with the Fire Department and SAPS to maintain everyone's wellbeing.

Weather analyst are speculating that the fires that are happening in various Southern African countries may be caused by the high levels of heat temperatures. There has been an increase of fire incidents in Zimbabwe in the past two weeks which have claimed property and lives.

— Bulawayo24


Breaking News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our website and receive notifications of Breaking News by email.

Loading...