Three police officers with the rank of constable have been arrested in Buhera after they denounced the leadership of President Emmerson Mnangagwa and chanted MDC slogans.
In police papers seen by this publication Constables Shushai Chiringa, Terence Makombe and Ationeishe Musaigwa committed the crime at Matombo bottle store at a Buhera business centre.
It is alleged that:
1. On the 9th of February 2019 at around 2100hrs Constable Chiringa who as wearing a police uniform entered Matombo bottle store which is located at Buhera Business centre.
2. He confronted Munoda Katiza a ZANU PF card holder who was wearing a yellow t-shirt and a green cap with a picture of President Emmerson Mnangagwa.
3. Chiringa is alleged to have gotten hold of Katiza and said in Shona: You are still wearing clothes of this man who has made us suffer? Remove those faeces, don't you have any other clothes to wear?
4. It is also alleged that when inside the bottle store Chiringa confronted one Panganai Chifamba who was also wearing similar clothing with Katiza and repeated the same words before chanting the MDC slogan Chisa mbama Chisa.
5. Constables Makombe and Musaigwa who were in the same club are reported to have responded Chamisa Chete Chete to Chiringa's slogan chanting.
Constable Chiringa is being charged under section 33(2) (a) (i) of the Criminal Law Act for undermining the authority of or insulting the President.
The three are also joint charged for contravening the Police Act which prohibits police officers from actively participating in politics.