Shock as man returns from work and finds his house gutted by fire and his well poisoned

0

Norest Zvinzveku’s village well was poisoned and his house burnt to ashes at Muchopa Motsi Village in Hwedza on Monday.

“I don’t have much to say because I was at work, I have no suspect because I was away.

“A fire burnt down my hut and someone poisoned our well the same day on Monday, more than 15bags of maize are ashes now, all the plates, our family plough, wheelbarrow and all aluminium utensils in that house burnt down.

“The total value is up to US$1800, imagine I have two children, my wife was not here.

“I have nothing now. Those with mercy to hear more about my tragedy can contact me on 0775649386. I want to thank my Masowe Echishanu church members for quickly coming to my aid.

“I used to read this from the news, like the recent Chimanimani disaster. But I have witnessed how traumatising it is today after my water sauce for the whole village was poisoned and on that same day, my house burnt down to ashes.

“So far, we have informed the police and they came taking the statement, they urged us to inform vana utsanana, so we are just waiting for their result,” said Norest.

Norest’s mother, Ambuya Zinzveku was devastated by the developments,

“Manje ndichapihweyi chekudya chikafu chemwana wangu chapiswa chese? Mugodhi uyu takaucheresa tega nemari yedu asi tayingoti munhu wese chera paunodira, ndakatadzei, ndongobvunza Mwari,” she wept.

— HMetro


Breaking News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our website and receive notifications of Breaking News by email.


Loading...