The body of a beheaded Harare man whose head was found in a car at a roadblock is set to be buried this Saturday.
The body of David Arendi, who was murdered in December, has been at Harare Central Hospital as the family could only collected and burry their deceased relative after getting a doctor’s report which was unavailable for the past six months.
The hospital could only release the body after the report was complete.
The late Arendi’s brother, Freddy said it was a relief for the family that the doctor’s report was now available after six months of waiting.
“David’s body would be collected this coming Friday from Harare Hospital.
“On behalf of the family we are glad to say we are relieved that the body of our late brother is to be released this Friday.
“We got informed that the doctor’s report had been finalised and we are happy, whatever protocol they used to keep our family member for more than six months is somehow not fair,” he said.
Freddy said the family had almost lost hope and had to wait for God’s time.
“Our brother was murdered but with the way he was murdered it shows that there were more than two or more people yet only one person was arrested.
“Allegations and possibilities that the murderer might escape jail are high because he is still in remand since last year, justice needs to be done,” he added.
The suspected murderer Emmanuel Matsika is standing trial at Harare Magistrates court.
Prior to the finding of the head at the search road block, police had earlier recovered a headless body in a disused toilet in Harare’s heavy industrial area.
It is the State’s case that Matsika, who is homeless hatched a plan to kill the now deceased Arendi who he murdered in a disused toilet at the corner of Lyton and Paisley roads in Workington in December last year.
Matsika allegedly took Arendi’s head and left his body at the scene.
Matsika is yet to disclose why he allegedly killed Arendi after appearing in court.