JUST two months after Chris Mutupira bought his house in Matshobane suburb something strange and supernatural began to trouble him — mysterious fires from nowhere have been turning his curtains into ashes.
He has lost US$1 200 to prophets and witch-hunters who claim to be exorcists of repute, but they have failed to extinguish the strange fires for good.
That is until he enlisted the services of a prophet from Chipinge.
Mutupira was not at liberty to name the prophet.
“Last week on Saturday I engaged a prophet from Chipinge who exorcised the house. I hope and believe now those fires would disappear forever,” he said with a sigh of relief.
Mutupira explained how the bizarre fires burnt his curtains.
“This thing was shocking! It was happening during the day. We would just be relaxing in the house and a strange fire would erupt in the kitchen and burn the kitchen curtains after that it would move to the sitting room and end at spare bedroom. When it started we would remove the property from the house and put it at the yard. What shocked everyone is that it never burnt the main bedroom curtains,” he said.
Mutupira had run out of ideas on what to do about his precious possession he bought at the end of September this year until the Chipinge prophet came to his rescue.
“I bought this house on 30 September this year. A few weeks after I bought it all was well, but two weeks later all hell broke loose. During my sleep in the dead of the night I would hear things moving on the roof. At first I didn’t care, but things did not stop as a result it occurred to me that there could something strange happening. I would wake up and pray, I then enlisted the services of a prophet to stop it,” he said.
Mutupira enlisted services of prophets and witch-hunters, but all this has not helped in exorcising the haunted house.
Mutupira said he enlisted services of the prophets and witch-hunters in October this year but they failed to exorcise the house.
“I have lost about US$1 200 to tsikamutandas and prophets who had vowed that they could root out this problem, but all my monies went down the drain as they failed to cast out these strange fires. I even reported the matter to the police and Zesa who came to check if there was an electrical fault, but they could not find anything,” said Mutupira.