Dynamos Football Club supporter dies during sex with prostitute


THE death of a disabled and diabetic man from Emganwini high-density suburb in Bulawayo, at a sex worker's residence in October 2013 is now being investigated.

Bulawayo magistrate Gladmore Mushove on Tuesday opened an inquest into the death of Mazo Mgura (41), who died at the residence of Belinda Chikerema (29) at 4 Yolande Flats along Robert Mugabe Way between Connaught and Masotsha Ndlovu avenues in Bulawayo.

Chikerema told the court that Mgura had hired her for the night after they had met at a local bar.

Mgura walked with the aid of crutches since he had one leg with the second amputated. The inquest is being held because his relatives suspect that he was murdered.

The State called Chikerema to testify and she told the inquest that she had known Mgura even before the fateful night.

"On October 28 at around 7pm, I phoned Eveline Wushe so that we could go and celebrate the Dynamos win against Highlanders," Chikerema said.

"I proceeded to a city bar (name supplied) where I met the now deceased (Mgura). He asked for my services for the night and I agreed. At around 9:50pm I decided to go home in the company of the now deceased."

She said Wushe hired the cab that took them home.

"On our arrival at home, I discovered that the now deceased was failing to climb the stairs since he was drunk and crippled. Again I called Eveline to call the taxi driver back so that he could help me get Mgura upstairs. I managed to get him to the bedroom and we slept. We had sexual intercourse once and he slept," Chikerema said.

Chikerema said she had observed in the morning that Mgura was snoring heavily and saliva was oozing from his mouth and thought these were effects of his drunkenness.

"Upon checking again, I realised he had wet himself (sic). I tried to awaken him, but he did not respond. I phoned Eveline at around 7am and asked her to come over.

"She came at around 9am. I also called Xolani Ngwenya the taxi driver. He also came and tried to wake him up, but he did not respond and the snoring had also ceased," Chikerema said.

She said Ngwenya and Wushe advised her to search for his mobile phone and she scrolled through it and found a number saved as Amai.

"Xolani then phoned the number and at 1pm Mgura's wife (Lizzie Lunga) came in the company of her aunt, who checked him and told us he had a low pulse rate and that we should call an ambulance," Chikerema said.

"His wife asked for some sugar and gave him thinking that his sugar levels were high, but he still did not respond. When the ambulance crew came they told us that he was dead and we should call the police.

"I went to Bulawayo Central Police Station in the company of his wife to report and the police accompanied us back to the scene. The body was then taken to United Bulawayo Hospitals mortuary and it had no visible injuries."

The post mortem report indicated that Mgura died as a result of intraventricular haemorrhages, cerebrovascular accident (stroke). The inquest continues on July 9.

Breaking News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our website and receive notifications of Breaking News by email.