President Emmerson Mnangagwa on Tuesday announced a raft of measures premised at stopping the spread of the coronavirus pandemic.
The measures are a reminder of those that were implemented when the government initially imposed the lockdown in March.
He announced these measures at State House during his address of the nation on Tuesday. He said the regulations which will be effective starting Wednesday, July 22, 2020, will be in force for an indefinite period of time.
Below are some of the measures:
- The citizenry to stay at home except when looking for water and health services,
- The nation is urged to take precautionary measures including wearing of protective equipment, social distancing
- Businesses to operate between 8am and 3pm, except for essential service providers
- Security forces to strictly enforce curfew which starts at 6pm ending at 6am
- Social gatherings including religious gatherings banned.