Mother breathes fire as son dies under unclear circumstances

File Pic

A 15-year-old boy reportedly died under unclear circumstances last Monday.

The boy Shamah, who was staying with his uncle, died after a reported accident but his mother suspects foul play.

His mother, Rumbidzai Munzava, had been refusing to bury him demanding an explanation until the intervention of police who engaged her and her former husband.

The father touched down from South Africa on Friday.

Post-mortem results will be released today (Monday).

Article continues below these jobs...

On Friday the mother caused mayhem at Parirenyatwa Group of Hospitals demanding explanations over her son’s death.

She stays in Coroborough Phase 4 while the boy was staying in Emerald Hill with his uncle Rangarirai Moyo who is being accused of having a hand in the accident.

H-Metro contacted him and he said:

“Saka iwewe ukuwana simba rekundifonera panguva yandiri ino kuti zviite sei.

“Ndiudze ka kuti uda kudii,” he said before his phone was taken over by his wife.

“Munozovafonera izvezvi body yemwana ikutosvika pamba,” she said.

However, Rumbidzai feels there is a foul play.

My son had blood in his nose.

“I divorced with his father in 2009 before he took custody of him last year in November and stayed in South Africa after he had finished writing grade 7.

“He then did not tell me that the child had returned home and was staying with his brother in Emerald Hill.

“On October 19 around 11pm I saw a WhatsApp status on his father saying Mwari chengetai mwana wangu.

“I then called to enquire and he told me that he had been involved in accident.

”And moments later he said rest in peace my son on his status, ” she said.

She added:

“I then enquired with maiguru who told me that my child was fine but had been injured and bamukuru had broken legs and was seriously injured.

”I then went to Emerald Hill only to find him sleeping inside his bedroom fit and with no injuries.

“I was pained with their lies which made me suspect something was wrong.

“I went to Harare Central to make a police report over the death before I was referred to Borrowdale police and then Arundel.

”I then went to Parirenyatwa Group of Hospitals where the doctor advised me that my child had been injured.”

Rumbidzai was advised that her son advised a doctor that he was injured at home.

“The doctor told me that before my son died, he said he was beaten at home.

“He said the child died a painful death.

“I was told that the child was in the company of a woman on the day the ‘accident’ occurred.

“It occurred at the intersection of Churchill Avenue and Borrowdale Road.

“I have been getting different explanations over my child’s death.

“Bamkuru has been threatening people kusvika vamwe vanhu varamwa,” she added.

The child was however on Saturday ferried to Chiundura rural home where he was laid to rest on Sunday.

“There was drama at the funeral wake in Emerald Hill after the boy’s uncle refused to accompany other family members to Chiundura.

”They were told to remain behind if they did not want.

”The said accident is reported to have been framed since vakanyepa kuti vakakuvara ivo vasina.

“Mwana akachinjiswa birth certificate without his parents’ knowledge,” said a neighbour.

Another neighbour said:

“We feel something happened because we also went to the hospital and saw the child with blood coming out of his nose.

”Cotton had to be put inside to stop the blood.

“His clothes were in bad state.”

— HMetro

Breaking News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our website and receive notifications of Breaking News by email.