President Mnangagwa has today announced fresh Covid-19 measures aimed at strengthening the national response to the pandemic in light of the threat posed by the new Omicron variant detected in neighbouring countries.
The new measures include:
- All returning residents to undergo PCR testing and quarantine at their own cost even with negative PCR test
- Curfew now 9pm to 6am
- All shops open 7am to 7pm
- Number and behaviour of persons attending gatherings must observe WHO protocols i.e masking, social distancing and sanitising.
- Covid funerals to be supervised by Ministry of Health and Environmental health technicians
- No liquor to be consumed at bottle stores which cease to be drinking premises until further notice
- Nightclubs and bars will admit vaccinated clients only
- Restaurants to close at 7 pm
- All those eligible should get vaccinated
The new measures will be reviewed after 14 days.