Sad scenes as cruel boss bashes worker to death for demanding his salary


A HIGHFIELD man has vanished after allegedly killing his friend in a row over US$60.

Cleopas Kumire (35) allegedly had an altercation with Wilson Chiyadzwa (44) and used a plank to hit his friend several times.

The incident occurred at Gazaland Car Park near Gore Sports Bar on Sunday.

Wilson died the following day.

The case has since been reported at Machipisa Police Station.

Article continues below these jobs...

A friend, Elton Chitsanga, reported the matter. Harare Province Police spokesperson, Inspector Tendai Mwanza, confirmed the incident.

“It is alleged that on January 30, at around 4pm, Wilson asked for his money from his employer, Elton.

“It appears that this did not go well with the suspect who reportedly assaulted Wilson with a plank.

“He sustained a swollen head, and several injuries, all over his body.

“After the incident, Wilson is believed to have narrated the story to his friend, Elton, but did not seek medical attention.”

Added Insp Mwanza: “On January 31, around 6am, the informant went to check on his friend at a nearby stationary motor vehicle, which the now deceased used to sleep in.

“Upon arrival, the informant discovered that his friend had passed on.

“A report was made at ZRP Machipisa and the scene was attended. However, the suspect could not be arrested because he is believed to be on the run.

“The body of the deceased is at Sally Mugabe Central Hospital mortuary awaiting post-mortem. Investigations are in progress.”

The deceased’s brother said the family was still in shock.

Wilson’s body being taken away by the police

“I was notified over the phone that my brother had died. We are doing some burial arrangements,” he said.

Wilson’s friend Elton said he tried to restrain the duo.

“I actually told them to amicably solve the issue, but they continued arguing.

“Cleopas then took a plank, which he used to hit the deceased several times.

“Wilson even tried to escape into another shop, but Cleopas followed him and further assaulted him.

“People tried to restrain them but the damage had already been done.

“So, he then slept in the car where he died the following day.

“He told me that he was having difficulties in breathing.”

Cleopas’ landlord said the accused told him that he was going to a funeral and since then he is yet to be seen.

“They left the house together with his wife and since then, I have not seen them,” said the landlord.

Meanwhile, Wilson’s body is awaiting post-mortem.

– HMetro

Breaking News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our website and receive notifications of Breaking News by email.