Property worth thousands destroyed as boy sets house on fire while trying to make tea on gas stove

0

A 15-year-old juvenile from Nkulumane suburb in Bulawayo caused a fire while trying to make tea on a gas stove.

He was left in charge of the house when the mother went to the shops.

In the absence of his mother, the juvenile tried to light the gas stove to make tea leading to the fire.

All the children managed to escape before they got injured and called neighbours who came to help put out the fire.

The fire brigade was called and by the time it came the fire had been extinguished but it had destroyed a four-piece sofa, three-piece television stand, door, full gas tank, amplifier, blankets, and various clothes.

Bulawayo police spokesperson Inspector Abednico Ncube confirmed the fire incident.

He said people should be wary of fires because during the cold weather there were many fire outbreaks.

“Children should not be left alone to look after gas,” he said.

— BMetro


Breaking News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our website and receive notifications of Breaking News by email.