Zimbabwe has established itself as an up-and-coming nation for tourists and visitors across the globe. Because of its close proximity to countries like South Africa, Mozambique, and Zambia, it has become a great place for tourists to choose, despite the fact that it is not located along the South Atlantic or Indian oceans.
What has made Zimbabwe so great is that it provides great opportunities to enjoy the natural wonders of Africa in a modern setting. This is a country that has dedicated itself to creating a quality infrastructure that enables people to use their handheld devices and computers with ease.
Play for Fun in Zimbabwe
One industry that has done a lot to promote itself within the country has been online casinos. This is recognized as a great way to encourage tourists to come to the country, because it allows them to play their favorite casino style game or place wagers on sporting events using their handheld device, such as their smartphone or tablet, while out enjoying the natural beauty of the country.
A person is not limited by their location in the country but can fully enjoy playing for betting on these games anywhere they are. If you want to find out more about the top online casinos and best bookmakers in Zimbabwe, you can learn more about this if you go to bestbettingsites.com. There you can learn about the top online options available for tourists and residents within the country, including bonuses, games offered, and sports that people can place wagers upon. You will find that there is the same opportunity in Zimbabwe that you would find in any other country in Africa.
Looking to Draw People Back to Zimbabwe
Zimbabwe is a very beautiful country. Much of this land has been unscarred by human innovation, so you can enjoy majestic waterfalls, beautiful forest areas, and the natural habitats of spectacular and majestic animals. Resort towns make it so that you can stay in first class accommodations but yet still be able to go out and spend time near the water, out on the Safari, or traveling through the mountains.
The global pandemic has had a dramatic impact on the country, however. Most countries have barred international travel, and Zimbabwe has been no exception to that. This has hurt the tourism industry in the country, but now government officials are hoping that as restrictions lighten that people will return to this beautiful country.
An Obstacle to Drawing Them In
It sounds like it may not be long before people are able to freely travel back to Zimbabwe to enjoy its beauty, but there is a new obstacle standing in the way of drawing those tourists. A recent report has found that the government of Zimbabwe has opted to raise the licensing fees on all lotteries, betting shops, and casinos.
According to the report, fees for all of these facilities have increased to $250,000, a 400% increase over the previous licensing fee. With a large number of licensed land-based casinos and state-run lotteries, the Zimbabwe Lotteries and Gambling Board has opted to try to increase revenue for the government by raising licensing fees.
The changes did not end there, however. Additional taxes have also been levied against players and these facilities. Under the new Lotteries and Gambling Act, players who win money betting on horse racing or other sporting events will be required to pay a 10% tax. Those winning the jackpot at a casino will have a 15% tax levied against them.
Taxes and licensing fees against casinos, betting shops, and lotteries are one of the largest moneymakers for the government, and this looks to be a new means to gain additional revenue after 2020 dramatically impacted the amount of revenue the country received.
However, these new taxes have some concern. As the country is looking to draw tourists back to Zimbabwe, imposing such taxes are seen as counteractive to the overall goal of attracting people to the country. While some may view these taxes is only a small amount, it is still taking money out of the pockets of those who have won.
Top 5 Licensed Betting Sites in Zimbabwe
It is hoped that this will have a minimal effect on visitors and players within the country. There are fantastic betting sites available in Zimbabwe, including these five:
- Betway: Betway has long established themselves as one of the leaders globally for those looking to place bets on sporting events. They are currently offering up to $10 in free bets and offer a large selection of sports and betting types for those looking to get in on the action.
- 888 Sport: 888 Sports is offering up to €30 in free bets at this time. They offer a smaller selection of sports for people to place wagers on, but offer more types of bets then you will find at many of the other online sportsbooks.
- William Hill: William Hill is one of the most trusted online betting sites in the world, and they offer one of the largest selections of betting types and sports available. Plus, their payout rate is the highest of any of the online bookmakers in the country.
- UniBet: UniBet offers over 35 different sports and nearly 350 different types of betting options for users. Plus, they provide up to a €25 match on your first deposit. This gives you additional cash that you can spend placing bets.
- BetSafe: BetSafe is going out of their way to attract new customers. They are offering a €25 matching deposit plus €10 in free bets. They currently only offer 27 different sports players can place wagers on and have a smaller number of betting types of around 285, but this is still an outstanding site.
New Licensing Fee Impact Unknown
At present, it does not look as if any of the new licensing fees are going to lead to any of these casinos closing operations. At least not with the online options. This may affect some land-based facilities, as that is a significant increase over the prior licensing fee. At a time where many have been out of work, offering an additional new tax seems like a bad idea.
However, players should know that online options will continue to prosper. The five facilities mentioned above all have long histories of success and are internationally recognized sportsbooks. There is no doubt they will continue to prosper.