In case you want to open a Non-Resident bank account in South Africa, you can do so at FNB Bank. To do so you will need to have the following:
- Recent certified payslip or proof of income
- Certified copy of passport
- Three months latest bank statements from your bank abroad.
- Proof of physical address aboard, not older than 3 months
The benefits of opening such an account include:
- These types of accounts can be funded by foreign currencies. (Documentary evidence might be required in order to prove this.)
- Should you want to open a multi – currency bank account, you will need to also open a Rand account at the same time.
- Any foreign funds that are deposited into a SA account (non – resident) can be remitted abroad at any given time provided that the transactions occurred within the South African Reserve Bank.
- However, banks like Standard Bank and Nedbank, have the same feature you can choose what works for you.