Social media has become an essential aspect of marketing for all businesses. You need to ace the social media game to survive in this competitive space. Therefore, you must always know the latest trends driving the platforms and act accordingly.
Sharing of video content is one such trend that is driving social media platforms currently. Brands can leverage their position on social media channels by sharing more and more video content. You can create more video content by using a video maker .
Video Editing Tips for social media
It would be best to keep in mind several things before sharing any video content on social media channels. You need to edit your videos well before sharing them on any social media platform. Here’s how you can edit the videos for better engagement on all the social media channels:
- Optimizing the length of the video
The length of the video is ultimately determined by the location to which it will be uploaded. If you have a great video, you should make multiple versions of it, one for each network you use:
- Instagram: Instagram allows a maximum of 60 seconds in the newsfeed; reels are currently 60 seconds. Stories are uploaded in 15-second clips, but they can be combined to make a much longer video. IGTV can hold 30-60 minutes long videos, similar to episodic TV shows.
- Twitter: The Twitter audience has a short attention span, and they prefer videos that are no longer than 45 seconds long.
- Facebook: Videos are still prioritized by the Facebook algorithm, and we now have a variety of formats to choose from, such as Instagram. Videos for the newsfeed should be one to two minutes long. Live videos should last 10-20 minutes; if it’s a planned, educational session, it should last longer. Facebook TV is similar to Instagram TV in that it allows users to watch longer, episodic videos.
- The platform’s audience is geared toward longer videos, with expectations ranging from 2 minutes to 1 hour.
- Short videos on TikTok, Reels, Facebook Short Videos, and YouTube can be as short as seven seconds or as long as three minutes (on most TikTok accounts).
- Make the video visually appealing
The video’s visual appeal determines its audience’s reach and acceptance. In most cases, the visuals, or on-screen action, will draw in viewers and keep them watching. Editing videos on mute is one way to learn about their visual impact. Is it possible to understand what’s going on without the voiceover?
It’s also critical to include captions in all of your videos. This is good social media practice for accessibility, but many people will watch your video on mute and read the captions. Some platforms will now automatically add captions for you, but if your account hasn’t received that feature yet, or if you want more control over the captions’ appearance, look into video makers.
- The video has to be compatible with all kinds of devices
Determine which formats are best for the location where you’ll be uploading the video. The majority of screens today are square and vertical, so videos must be compatible with that orientation. Square videos, by the way, look great on most newsfeeds (except YouTube), especially on mobile devices. If you know you want to make a square video, your phone or camera probably has a setting to capture the footage in square format. Still, many video editing tools can resize and crop your video to the square later.
- Use the square format for accessibility and shareability
You want people to see your video in the best possible quality on their phones. You can take and post square or even vertical videos to take advantage of different screen sizes. That’s right, and the landscape isn’t the only worthwhile orientation any longer.
Videos that are square-oriented perform well on almost all social media platforms, especially when viewed on mobile devices. Take advantage of your phone’s built-in square camera. When shooting square video footage, you won’t have to worry about cropping essential parts of your frame. Do you have a standard-sized video that you’d like to resize? Use a free resizing tool like to crop any video into a perfect square in seconds.
If you’re a company or brand looking to make a splash with video marketing but don’t know where to start, we recommend checking out an online video editor tool.
Benefits of Video Marketing
There are several benefits of video marketing that you can leverage after editing your videos. Some benefits of video marketing are discussed below:
- Increase Revenue
According to Aberdeen Group research, marketers who use video grow their company revenue 49 percent faster year over year than those who don’t.
- Have an impact on purchasing decisions
According to Forbes, 90 percent of customers say that product videos help them make purchasing decisions, and 64 percent say that watching a video makes them more likely to buy. According to HubSpot, 97 percent of marketers believe video has aided in improving user understanding of their product or service.
- People want what they want, so give it to them
According to HubSpot data, people prefer videos from brands over emails, newsletters, social images, social videos, blog posts, and downloadable content (like PDFs). Consumers use various methods to research their options when they’re thinking about buying something. Using a search engine, visiting a company’s or product’s official website, looking at review websites, and watching videos are just a few of the top strategies. Every one of those places could easily incorporate video, giving your brand a better chance of persuading the consumer.
Video marketing is the next big thing in social media. Therefore, you should make it a point to edit your videos well before sharing the video content on any platform. Video editing enhances the user’s experience as the visual appeal is enhanced, and several effects are added. Editing videos is important as it gives you a key to better brand awareness.