HIV positive Bulawayo pastor who uses his PEN!S to pray jailed for 30 years A BULAWAYO pastor, who turned a congregant, 16, into a sex slave and allegedly infected her with HIV and genital warts while claiming to be driving out a death demon that wanted to kill her father, has been sentenced to 30 years in jail.

Greatness Tapfuma, 33, of Cowdray Park who is the founder of Kingdom Rulers International Church broke into tears soon after Bulawayo regional magistrate Chrispen Mberewere convicted him on two counts of rape.

His followers who had come to court in solidarity with their leader immediately joined him in weeping following the verdict. Tapfuma's emissaries, the court heard, attempted to bribe his victim with a house, a car or cash so she could drop the charges against him. The pastor, who was recently acquitted of raping two other congregants will, however, serve an effective 25 years in jail after five years of the sentence were suspended on condition that he does not within that period commit a similar crime.

Magistrate Mberewere, in his judgment, ruled that although Tapfuma's victim tested HIV positive, there was no evidence that the pastor is the one who infected her.

"I don't find that the victim was aware of her HIV status prior to the rape. She only became aware of it after the doctor who examined her recommended that she gets tested for HIV following genital warts. I, therefore dismiss the link between the victim's HIV infection and the rape," said the magistrate.

In passing the sentence, Mberewere expressed concern over the high prevalence of rape cases committed by pastors, including the infamous Gumbura who reportedly had sex with almost all female church members.

"Tapfuma committed a very serious crime. The community has for long looked to the courts to impose exemplary and suitable punitive sentences on rapist. The protection of the girl child and women in general is of paramount importance when considering an appropriate sentence for any sex offender," said Mberewere.

He said it was the duty of the courts to serve societal interests by removing sex offenders from the community through long jail terms. "In this case what is aggravating is that Tapfuma is not just one of the rapists but is a typical wolf in a sheep's skin.

"A long prison term will therefore send a strong message to these false men of God out there who have a tendency of preying on female congregants. A sentence that sends Tapfuma to jail for a considerable time is the most appropriate," said Mberewere.

Tapfuma's victim said she decided to speak out on the abuse after she was treated for genital warts early this year. Prosecuting, Robin Mukura, said between October and November last year Tapfuma called the girl to his home and raped her in exchange for prayers for her father who was said to be facing death.

The court heard that after raping the girl, Tapfuma ordered her to keep the sexual act a secret as divulging it would provoke the death spirit to kill her father immediately. The girl began to notice some blisters on her privates and reported the matter to her mother.

"On unknown dates but during October and November, Tapfuma raped the girl twice. The matter came to light when the girl sought medical attention after she noticed blisters on her privates and went to the hospital," said Mukura.

As her condition worsened in December, she tested HIV positive and that was when her mother asked how she got infected. She then revealed what had been happening and a police report was made leading to Tapfuma's arrest. The court heard that a church elder approached her and tried to entice her to drop the charges in exchange for a house, a car or cash but she refused.

In mitigation, Tapfuma through his lawyer Bruce Israel Masamvu from Dube-Tachiona Tsvangirai Law Firm, pleaded for leniency telling the court that he was a married man looking after his family and his ministry.

"The case has tarnished my client's name and his ministry is already in shambles. I humbly submit to this court to exercise leniency given that he is a first offender who has a duty to look after his family and the ministry," said Masamvu.

In his defence, Tapfuma claimed that the girl had connived with her parents and a rival pastor to fabricate the charges.

Comments

SIR TALENT
0 # SIR TALENT 2015-09-23 06:23
Hapana here some kind of tests dzinotwa here to truely prove whether did the suspect did it or not.

Varume vangaperera mujeri nyangwe vasina mhosva
Ndini
+1 # Ndini 2015-09-23 07:01
Vakawanda ana man of God vari kuita zviro izvozvi, was in one church where the pastor was sleeping with almost every woman in church,i was actually a victim but could dis not have the courage to report the matter, ngavasungwe vanhu ivavo, please investigate prophet ronny of crossover ministries as well, akatombobuda pano some time back on rape allegations but he bribed his way through the justice system, nyaya ikangotsikwa tsikwa
cooljay
+1 # cooljay 2015-09-23 15:51
Quoting Ndini:

Ummmm pakaipa, anetsa ronny iyeyu!!why did you not report your case and put an end to his shenanigans
Gkays
0 # Gkays 2015-09-23 07:06
Pane zvnwe zvkavanzika zvri kuitka mumaChurch umu asi izuva rimwe pazvinobuda pachena nkuti Mwari mupenyu uye maziso ake haaz mabhatani.Hezvo zvbuda pachen woti mavar azarevhu,hero gehena Pastor ramaiparidza kune vanotadza.Vry soon vabiyenyu vachakujoinai
Solo
0 # Solo 2015-09-23 09:17
There are problems in Zimbabwe that are forcing people to flock to pastors. A lot of pastors are mercenaries who preach for a salary. They want their ministry to grow so that they get money, power and status. It is stupid.

Can all people please know that God knows you by name. Isaiah 45:3. When God was speaking to Abraham he called him by name, "Abraham, Abraham..." Jesus Christ died for you people so that you've life and have it in abundance. It doesn't mean that problems don't come when one is in Christ. Psalms 23 summaries it all; you, eat and drink in the presence of your enemies. Wrong belief kills. It is wrong to assume that the pastor knows it all. Its God who knows it all and a mediator was disqualified by the death of Jesus. Anyone can talk to God in prayer and God hears and answers the prayers. It is wrong belief that God hears only prayers from pastors. God isn't slow check on these verses Isaiah 65:24 and Luke 18:7-8; God answers prayers speedily.

James 1:5 "If anyone of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God (I add: not pastor or prophet), who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you."
Bruno
-1 # Bruno 2015-09-23 09:53
Zvaiwana ngwarati kufura irere, unokwazisa Gumbura.
Solo
0 # Solo 2015-09-23 13:23
People don't make a mistake of equating a pastor to Jesus. Lately I heard a pastor preaching to poor people, "Plan, don't fail to send the kids due to lack of fees...waMwari haashaiwi...mus azotiza ne verse inoti 'Don't worry about what I shall eat...'". The pastor was advising people to worry which is against God's teaching on anxiety. God wants people to rely him and not on earthly wisdom. Proverbs 3:7-8 says, "Do not be wise in your own eyes..." A medical aid or personal policy drafted by an actuary cannot substitute God's love, glory and honour.

The truth is that God meets all your needs if you've faith. When faced with lack you need to rely on God reminding him that he said we shouldn't worry. People make plans but it takes God's approval for that plan to work. God is a faithful father who keeps his promises in the Bible.

Pastors are people who can make mistakes some make grave mistakes for that matter. A male pastor who has working equipment can experience erection and lust; a pastor or prophet isn't immune from temptation. Kana nhamu yarova udzai Mwari mega kwete kumhanya kwa pastor or prophet. We all have equal value at the foot of the cross. Uyu anzonzi Pastor M. B. O. R. O. he uses his privates to minister. Its protected as a religious secret.
Tytoo tytoo
0 # Tytoo tytoo 2015-09-24 08:36
Nxa masatanist mhombwe ngadzisungwe
ella
0 # ella 2015-10-11 13:38
My name is ELLA, I am here to give my testimony about a doctor who helped me in my life. I was infected with GENITAL WARTS 2013, i went to many hospitals for cure but there was no solution, so I was thinking how can I get a solution out so that my body can be okay. One day I was in the river side thinking where I can go to get solution. so a lady walked to me telling me why am I so sad and i open up all to her telling her my problem, she told me that she can help me out, she introduce me to a doctor who uses herbal medication to cure her HVP and gave me his email, so i mail him. He told me all the things I need to do and also give me instructions to take, which I followed properly. Before I knew what is happening after two weeks the GENITAL WARTS that was in my body got vanished . so if you are also heart broken and also need a help ON GENITAL WARTS OR HVP, you can also email him at:
selele
0 # selele 2015-10-11 15:05
Quoting ella:

Get the fuck out of this world. Zvisungirire.
Mélissa Elvira Morea
0 # Mélissa Elvira Morea 2015-12-28 18:37
Do you need money to cope with the financial problems, an investment?
Do you want to leave the dead end that the banks by the rejection of your request files of emergency appropriations cause?
It is not publicity quite simply, the reason for which I do not oblige anybody, those which are in the need only.
If you are not serious please please abstain from.
You are in the need or you wish to have more information in the conditions in order to take of it a good collaboration for your satisfaction.
Only one contact:
Mélissa Elvira Moreau

0631277886

You are here: Home News HIV positive Bulawayo pastor who uses his PEN!S to pray jailed for 30 years