Heartbreaking Incident: Toddler (1) dies from burns after boiling water mishap


Tragedy Strikes: One-year-old girl succumbs to boiling water burns

In a devastating incident that unfolded in Chitungwiza, a one-year-old girl tragically lost her life after sustaining severe burns from scalding water. The heart-wrenching accident occurred when a pot of boiling water fell from a gas stove, leaving the young child with fatal injuries.

The Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) confirmed the occurrence of this heart-rending tragedy. It took place on February 22, 2024, at a residence in Zengeza 5, Chitungwiza. According to reports, the victim, a one-year-old female juvenile, allegedly pushed the gas stove on February 20, 2024, while her mother was occupied with household chores.

“The ZRP reports a sad incident which occurred at a house in Zengeza 5 Chitungwiza on 22/02/24 in which a 1 year old female juvenile died. The victim allegedly pushed a gas stove which had a pot with boiling water on 20/02/24 while her mother was doing household chores.

“The pot fell on the victim. She sustained serious burn injuries. The victim later succumbed to the injuries on admission at Sally Mugabe Central Hospital,” police posted on X.

Breaking News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our website and receive notifications of Breaking News by email.