Tragic Twist: Suicide victim’s body mysteriously burnt by demons


Lehlohonolo Mokhomong from Vosloorus, Ekurhuleni, has not been attending church for months.

However, on Thursday, 2 May, the 33-year-old began acting strangely. He wanted to go to church.

Some family members think he might have anticipated his death.

Web design in Zimbabwe

He went to his room to sleep, and two hours later, he was found in the room hanging on the rafters with a wire coat hanger tied around his neck.

Police were called, and the body was removed. While waiting for the forensic officials, the room caught fire, and the body burnt.

Article continues below these jobs...

According to Hloni’s brother Elias Mokhomong (38), the family is distraught and believes foul play led to the corpse burning.

He said while they were waiting for forensics, another tragedy struck.

“A candle was lit in the room because there was no electricity. We felt something was burning while we were sitting in the main house. When we went outside, we were greeted by fire coming from the room where Hloni’s corpse was,” said Elias.

He said they tried to extinguish the blaze using water, but the flames were too much.

“I’ve never seen such flames. I believe there was a third party because my brother used to complain that he heard voices.

“It’s shocking how a person can suffer even in his death.”

Elias believes the voices his brother described as demons were the ones that also burnt his corpse.

“We tried to get into the room and retrieve Hloni’s body, but the flame was too much. I can tell you those demons that used to trouble my brother followed him even after he committed suicide,” he said.

He said his brother loved music and had a studio.

“We expected a lot from him. But the demons that had been troubling him for the past two years, making him believe there were people who wanted to attack him, took him.

“It was strange that he was only seeing things that no one could see. Surely, those were the demons,” he said.

Lehlohonolo’s aunt Anna Hoboyi said they were shocked by the incident.

“His behaviour was strange on 2 May. He talked to himself. We didn’t know this could lead him to commit suicide,” she said.

Elsie Hoboyi (53) said the family was extending the house and most of the furniture was burnt in the incident.

“We’ve lost everything in the fire. We appeal to anyone who can donate furniture,” she said.

Lehlohonolo will be buried on Thursday, 16 May.

Police spokeswoman Captain Neldah Sekgobela confirmed the incident and said an inquest docket has been opened. Daily Sun.

Breaking News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our website and receive notifications of Breaking News by email.