Drama as brave gogo (74) grabs bhinya’s manhood and twists it while trying to rape her

File Pic

In a chilling display of bravery and quick thinking, a 74-year-old Hwange gogo fought off her 21-year-old attacker during a harrowing rape ordeal, ultimately leading to the assailant’s conviction and imprisonment.

The incident, which occurred recently and was heard before a Hwange court, involved the elderly victim, whose name was withheld for privacy reasons, and her assailant, Mbonisi Ncube, a resident of the Jambezi area under Chief Shana in Matabeleland North.

According to the court proceedings, Ncube’s heinous acts were not limited to this single attack. The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) revealed that the young man had previously broken into an 80-year-old gogo’s house in a separate incident, further underscoring the predatory nature of his crimes.

In the first instance, on June 7th at around 9 p.m., Ncube broke into the home of the 80-year-old victim, who was sleeping alongside her grandchildren.

“He strangled the complainant’s 10-year-old grandchild before she screamed,” NPA said.

“This alerted the complainant who went to investigate. The accused person ran away.

“The complainant identified him when he returned at about 11.30PM and peeped through the window. She promptly advised her neighbours.”

However, Ncube’s criminal spree did not end there. Prosecutors proved that, later that same night, the assailant broke into another home through a window, where he encountered his second victim, the 74-year-old gogo.

Undeterred, Ncube dragged the elderly gogo into her bedroom and forced her onto the bed, attempting to rape her. In a remarkable display of courage, the gogo managed to grab Ncube’s genitals and squeeze them until he released her. The accused person escaped through the window and ran away

Ncube’s reign of terror was eventually brought to an end when the courageous victim alerted her neighbours, who assisted her in tracking the assailant’s footprints back to his homestead, leading to his subsequent arrest.

For his heinous crimes, Ncube was sentenced to a total of 6 years in prison, with 5 years for the first count and 1 year for the second. This verdict serves as a stark warning to those who seek to prey upon the most vulnerable members of society.

The bravery and resilience displayed by the 74-year-old woman in this case serve as a testament to the indomitable human spirit. Her actions not only saved herself but also potentially prevented further victimization of others in the community.

Breaking News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our website and receive notifications of Breaking News by email.