Serial killer strikes Harare: 5 homeless men found brutally murdered


A wave of terror has engulfed the streets of Harare as the city grapples with a series of gruesome ritualistic killings that has claimed the lives of five homeless men in just one week. The chilling pattern of these heinous crimes has left the community in a state of shock and fear.

The first body was discovered on August 28 at the corner of Simon Muzenda and George Silundika. The victim, a man believed to be in his 30s, had been brutally dismembered, with the pǝn!s missing. This sh0cking act of violence served as a grim foreshadowing of the horrors to come.

On September 1, the lifeless body of another man, believed to be a vagrant, was found near First Capital Bank at the corner of Innez Terrace Road and Robert Mugabe. The victim had suffered horrific head injuries, pointing to the brutal nature of the killings.

Just two days later, on September 3, investigators were called to a chilling scene at Nelson Mandela and 7th Street in the Avenues area. A homeless man, known to occasionally seek refuge on the building’s stairs, was found dead. His body bore the marks of a vicious blow to the head with a large stone. Covered with white sacks, the victim exhibited bruises on his stomach and a cut in his privɑtes, suggesting the sinister nature of the crimes.

The string of murders took a chilling turn on Monday when the police responded to a distressing call near the Simon Mazorodze Road flyover. Two homeless men were discovered dead, with one victim’s stomach ripped open and the other displaying a stomach incision. Nearby, police uncovered internal body parts, including a liver, adding to the disturbing evidence of ritualistic motives behind the killings.

Detectives leading the investigation strongly believe that a single serial killer is targeting vulnerable homeless men, perpetuating a reign of terror on the streets of Harare. The community has been urged to remain vigilant and report any suspicious activities to the police to aid in the swift apprehension of the perpetrator.

Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi, approached for comment, revealed that he was attending the presidential inauguration and was unable to provide further details at this time. However, the Zimbabwe Republic Police have launched a full-scale investigation into these horrifying murders, vowing to bring the ruthless killer to justice and restore a sense of safety to the city.

Breaking News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our website and receive notifications of Breaking News by email.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here