SAD NEWS: Toddler dies as brother burns house while attempting to boil water for bathing

0
File pic: Hut on fire

Tragedy struck when a toddler lost her life in a devastating fire incident, which occurred after her seven-year-old brother started a fire while attempting to heat bathing water.

The incident took place in Mvurwi, at plot 23 village 2 Masasa, where their mother, Sibongile Bhebhe (45), had left her two children while she attended a church service.

Around 4:30 pm, the seven-year-old boy ventured into the kitchen with the intention of boiling water for bathing. Unfortunately, the situation quickly spiralled out of control as the fire he started spread rapidly throughout the house. In the midst of the chaos, his younger sister, Kayron Yuwani, aged just one year and seven months, followed him into the kitchen, unaware of the impending danger.

Web design in Zimbabwe

As the flames engulfed the house, the young boy managed to escape to safety, but tragically, his baby sister became trapped inside. Alerted by the billowing smoke, a neighbour named Chrispen Sithole (44) rushed to the scene. He found the seven-year-old standing outside, informing him that the baby was still inside the burning house.

Villagers quickly gathered, attempting to extinguish the fire, but their efforts proved futile. Despite their desperate attempts, they were unable to rescue the trapped toddler from the engulfed home.

Article continues below these jobs...

In response to the heartbreaking incident, Mashonaland Central provincial police spokesperson, Inspector Milton Mundembe, emphasized the importance of valuing and safeguarding life. He urged parents and guardians to exercise proper supervision over minors or entrust them to responsible individuals. Negligence involving the safety of minors is a criminal offence, he cautioned.


Breaking News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our website and receive notifications of Breaking News by email.