Tragedy strikes as 4-year-old boy dies after swallowing bottle top

Ass-Comm Paul Nyathi

In a heartbreaking turn of events, a four-year-old boy lost his life after choking on a bottle top while playing at Lion Park in Harare. The police have initiated investigations into the incident and are expected to provide further details soon.

Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi, the national police spokesperson, confirmed the devastating occurrence. He stated, “The ZRP reports a sad incident which occurred in Lion Park, Harare on March 9, 2024, in which a male juvenile aged four years died. The victim was allegedly choked with a bottle top which he mistakenly swallowed during child play.”

This incident serves as a tragic reminder of the potential hazards that can arise even in seemingly harmless play settings.

Breaking News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our website and receive notifications of Breaking News by email.