Chaos at bus terminus: Motorist stabbed after proposing to a woman in the presence of her husband


Man hospitalized after being stabbed for alleged proposal to married woman

A man from Lupane is currently fighting for his life in the hospital after being stabbed multiple times for allegedly proposing to a woman in the presence of her husband. The incident occurred at the Lupane long-distance bus terminus, where the victim, Mr Makesure Ncube, approached Ms Siminyeni Ndlovu, who was sitting under a tree with her husband, Sibangani Siziba, their son Ethan Siziba, and Siziba’s mother, Ms Maria Dube.

According to witnesses, Mr Ncube initially drove towards Ms Ndlovu and engaged in conversation. However, he then parked his vehicle about 50 meters away, which angered Siziba. In response, Siziba armed himself with an okapi knife and confronted Mr Ncube, stabbing him multiple times.

Siziba, a resident of Ndamuleni village, was subsequently arrested and charged with attempted murder. He appeared before Lupane resident magistrate, Ms Barbara Ntabile Phiri, where he was remanded in custody until Thursday. The magistrate advised Siziba to apply for bail at the High Court.

Prosecutor Ms Zandile Laureen Ndebele provided details of the attack, stating that it took place on March 13. She explained that both Mr Ncube and Siziba, accompanied by their respective family members, were present at the Lupane Business Centre. When Mr Ncube parked near the tree where Siziba’s family was seated, he allegedly engaged in conversation with Ms Ndlovu before moving his vehicle.

This action reportedly incensed Siziba, leading him to approach Mr Ncube with the knife. Siziba then proceeded to assault Mr Ncube, stabbing him repeatedly on the head and body. In an attempt to defend himself, Mr Ncube bit Siziba on the ear and chest. Although he managed to break free and flee, Siziba struck him on the back with a stone, causing him to fall. Siziba’s son eventually intervened and restrained his father.

The police were alerted and promptly arrived at the scene, subsequently arresting Siziba. Mr Ncube was immediately taken to St Luke’s Hospital and later transferred to Mpilo Central Hospital in Bulawayo, where he is currently battling for his life.

As the case progresses, with Siziba facing charges of attempted murder, Mr Ncube’s condition remains critical. The incident serves as a reminder of the potential dangers that can arise from personal disputes and the importance of resolving conflicts through peaceful means.

Breaking News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our website and receive notifications of Breaking News by email.