Chaos and tragedy unfold in Harare as 2 women are found dead outside bar

File Picture

Tragedy Strikes Zimbabwe: Seven lives lost in new year’s incidents

In a heartbreaking start to the new year, Zimbabwe experienced a series of unfortunate incidents resulting in the loss of seven lives across the country. The incidents, involving murder, drowning, and freak accidents, have left communities in mourning and authorities working tirelessly to establish the circumstances surrounding each case, according to a statement by national police spokesman, Assistant Commissioner Paul Nyathi.

One of the incidents occurred in Harare, where police are currently conducting investigations into the deaths of two women. Their lifeless bodies were discovered in the early hours of New Year’s Day outside Kasi Kasi Bar in Tafara. Initially, law enforcement was called to the area to restore order due to reports of a road blockade caused by a large crowd and haphazardly parked vehicles. However, their efforts were impeded by poor lighting conditions.

At approximately 3 a.m., authorities were alerted to a rowdy crowd, and within the vicinity of Kasi Kasi Bar and the main road connecting Mabvuku and Tafara, they found three women lying motionless. The victims were immediately rushed to Parirenyatwa Group of Hospitals, but tragically, two of them were pronounced dead upon arrival.

Assistant Commissioner Nyathi cautioned the public and the media against jumping to conclusions, urging them to allow the police to conduct thorough investigations. The circumstances surrounding the women’s deaths are yet to be determined, pending the completion of investigations and a post-mortem examination.

Expressing concern over the chaotic behavioUr witnessed during New Year’s Eve celebrations in Mabvuku, Assistant Commissioner Nyathi condemned the unruly conduct exhibited by motorists and the general public. He called upon liquor outlet operators to implement measures that ensure adequate parking space for patrons, aiming to prevent chaos and stampedes during major events.

Another devastating incident unfolded in Sunrise Township, Sanyati, Kadoma, where a 43-year-old man named Sifiso Bhebhe and his 8-year-old son, Devine Musandipa, lost their lives in a tragic drowning accident. The young boy fell into a 2-meter-deep pool when the edge he was sitting on gave way. In a desperate attempt to save his son, Mr. Bhebhe jumped into the pool but sadly drowned himself.

In a shocking turn of events, a female police officer lost her life in a freak accident along the Harare-Mutare road. The officer was struck by a dislodged wheel from a haulage trailer while she was standing by the roadside. Despite being rushed to Borradaile Hospital, she succumbed to her injuries.

Lastly, in Chipinge, a suspected mental patient identified as Benjamin Sithole, aged 28, was apprehended in connection with the murder of three-year-old Agnes Sigauke. The horrific crime allegedly occurred at Mwatsaka Village when Sithole, after being denied vegetables by the victim’s 20-year-old mother, fatally struck the child’s head with a hoe.

As Zimbabwe grapples with these devastating incidents, communities are left in shock and grief. Authorities are working diligently to uncover the truth behind each tragedy, providing a glimmer of hope for justice and closure. The nation mourns the loss of these precious lives and renews its commitment to ensuring the safety and well-being of its citizens.

Breaking News via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to our website and receive notifications of Breaking News by email.